Leigh WI meets each second Monday of each month at 7.30pm at Abbots Pass Hall, Bunce Common Road, Leigh RH2 8NS
Members live in Leigh and the surrounding area, and the Institute operates largely as a ‘social club’, organising theatre and cinema outings, shopping trips to Christmas Markets and the January Sales in London. The talks at our monthly meetings cover a range of topics including local history, practical food and craft demonstrations, and life experiences to name a few. Our July meeting is always a walk around the area ending with a meal at a pub. Our Darts nights at the Plough are always great fun too! Members also enjoy a cup of coffee and a chat. Many of our social events extend to our family and partners too.
Please see below our list of meeting for 2021. We will have other activities as we go through the year.
- July 12th Summer Walk and Supper
- August 9th Garden Presentation
- September 13th Making the Most of Yourself with Makeup as you get Older
- October 11th Wood Shred
- November 8th Annual Meeting and Social Evening, Leigh Kneelers, Wine and Nibbles
- December 13th Members Christmas Meal